I am a bad girl.
Thirty lashes with a wet noodle for me.
I was sooo involved in all my recent housekeeping chores for Fun Monday that I forgot (at least online) about the most important thing in my week.
The birthday of a very special person.
So without further ado, 54 reasons (in no particular order of importance) why I love my husband:
1. Random "I love you" text messages that always seem to come at JUST the right time.
2. He is my rock. Always there. Always there for me.
3. His hands. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh his hands.
4. He's a great kisser, too.
5. His even temper.
6. He puts up with my UNeven temper.
7. He puts up with me, period!
8. He checks the oil in my car every week.
9. When stuff breaks around here, no repairman is needed.
10. He does grocery shopping, cooking, laundry and he irons. People, do you understand me? HE IRONS!
11. He calls me during the workday, just to say hi.
12. He has taken on the emotional baggage that is my children -- and accepts it as his own.
13. He has taken the Roo-girl shopping at the mall, and it was HIS IDEA.
14. His spaghetti sauce is killer.
15. He tapes my favorite TV show ("House") on Tuesday nights while I'm at chorus, and doesn't watch it himself ... so we can watch it together the next day.
16. When I sheepishly admitted to him that I had started blogging (about a month after the fact), he grinned and said, "Ohhhhh, you did what I wanted you to do!"
17. He doesn't mind when I need to watch TV after he needs to go to sleep.
18. He doesn't snore (even though I do).
19. He doesn't complain about my snoring (too much), just gives me a gentle nudge to roll me over.
20. He is my personal thermo-nuclear device. No need for electric blankets in my house!
21. He has helped the Roo-girl with school projects, especially the constructiony kind.
22. That way I don't have to (cuz I am not the craft mom).
23. He has a family that loves me (frankly) more than my own does.
24. He sings in a vocal register that makes me totally swoon.
25. And he does it very very well.
26. He loves listening to me sing.
27. He comes to every performance I do.
28. He whispers sweet nothings in my ear.
29. I turn him on.
30. He turns me on.
31. He loves a good pedicure.
32. He tells probably the worst jokes ever.
33. And he cracks himself up.
34. Which is cool, because I love his laugh.
35. His smile lights up a room.
36. And he smiles when he sees me.
37. When we were dating (which wasn't really all that long ago), he would drive by my house early in the morning and leave a rose in my car-door handle.
38. He plays a kick-ass game of free cell.
39. He nearly always wins.
40. He knows the difference between "do me" and "hold me."
41. The twinkle in his eye.
42. He rubs my feet.
43. And my back.
44. He holds me at night.
45. He holds me during the day.
46. He kisses me goodbye every single morning without fail.
47. His patience is never-ending.
48. He always says, "Do you know what you get when you help a damsel in distress? A distressed damsel." But he never means me.
49. In spite of how damaged I was before we met.
50. He wears a wedding ring.
51. He tells me about his day. All about it.
52. Even though I don't always have a clue what he is talking about.
53. But that doesn't matter because he gives me more joy than I ever thought possible.
54. He is my happily ever after.
Happy birthday, baby. I love you for more than 54 reasons ... always and forever.