First, let me just say this:
WE HAVE HOT WATER!!!
Wonderhubby is a genius, having replaced the thermostat gas valve-y thingy, and sanity has returned to the Planet of Janet! Yay!
Second, I totally stole this from Dawn at Because I Said So. I thought it was funny (sorta) and wanted it for my very own. So here we are with:
60 Things You Possibly Didn't Know About Me
(Just for the record, the time frame for this is Friday night, for posting Saturday!)
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
Omigod. Let's see, a blank timecard from work, empty bottles that haven't gotten to the recycling center yet, old bills (paid mostly!), tapes, cds, um, candy wrappers, chorus music ... do I need to go on? It's so EMBARRASSING!
2. When was the last time you threw up
I have to go with Dawn's answer here: I refuse to answer on the grounds that it might jinx me.
3. What's your favorite curse word?
*go on to no. 4 if you don't like bad language cuz here it comes*
F*ck f*ck f*ckity f*ck f*ck. (Or f*ck a duck. That one has gotten me into a lot of trouble.)
4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?
My daughter, my husband, my friend Melodyann (her blog is currently "inactive" so no linky love for YOU!).
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Getting into the shower at the gym, after swimming! Yay for hot water at the gym!
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Watching TV with the Wonderhubby.
7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now?
Sleeping, I hope. Roo-girl is getting up at 3:30 a.m. (gasp!) for a cheer competition. Shoot me.
8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
Is the TV still too loud for you?
10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Coffee ... with "stuff" in it. I like texture with my fat content!
11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Diet Coke with fresh lime (mostly because I was out of Diet Cherry Chocolate Dr. Pepper).
12. What are you wearing right now?
jeans and a sweatshirt
13. What was the last thing you ate?
Penne pasta with eggplant and mozzarrella, followed by two Hershey's kisses!
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
15. When was the last time you ran?
16. What's the last sporting event you watched?
18. Who is the last person you emailed?
Dory, responding to her comment on this post.
19. Ever go camping?
Yes. I like it as long as there are flush toilets. I'm not into the full outdoor treatment.
20. Do you have a tan?
Uh, NO! Just call me Casper the friendly ghost.
24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
Only at a restaurant. Otherwise it's straight from the bottle, baby!
25. What did your last IM say?
"Love you ..."
26. Are you someone's best friend?
27. What are you doing tomorrow?
Getting my daughter out the door at 4 a.m., going back to bed, then going to the water aerobics class at the gym, followed by watching J-bear's softball game at school. After that? Who knows. Perhaps the $1.50 hot dog combo at Costco and a lot of laundry and dishes left over from the great water-heater debacle.
28. Where is your mom right now?
29. Look to your left, what do you see?
My messy nightstand.
30. What color is your watch?
Stainless steel -- but it's gold- and silver-toned
31. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
Willowtree and his trivia game. Sunday is always Australia day. And I never do well at it.
32. Would you consider plastic surgery?
Maybe. It depends.
33. What is your birthstone?
Turquoise. Yuck. It couldn't be diamonds?????
34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
I've done both. I prefer the drive thru in a pinch, though. Inherent laziness precludes me from wanting to park and get out of the car.
35.How many kids do you want?
I have all the kids I plan to have. Although grandchildren would be nice someday. (An aside to my children: please note that I said SOMEDAY!!!!)
36. Do you have a dog?
Yeah, two nasty rat dogs who still crap in the house.
37. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Wonderhubby, while I was driving home from work.
38. Have you met anyone famous?
Fred Astaire (sigh swoon). I am certain there are others, but I'm having a brain cloud over it.
39. Any plans today?
OK, now since I'm writing this Friday night, but you are reading it Saturday morning, I have no clue how to answer this. Or ... see No. 27. I'm in some weird time warp, I think.
40. How many states have you lived in?
Hmmmm. Three, I think.
41. Ever go to college?
Yes. I have a bachelors AND a master's degree. Don't be all that impressed. The masters got me exacty 45 cents more an hour for my first newspaper job.
42. Where are you right now?
In bed. Wonderhubby is sleeping. I am not.
43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
Potential loss of livelihood.
44. Last song listened to?
Carrie Underwood's "I Told You So." I think I'm obsessed.
46. Are you allergic to anything?
Kiwi ... and cleaning.
47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
48. Are you jealous of anyone?
I'm jealous of people who have their sh*t together when I clearly don't.
50. Is anyone jealous of you?
*snort* I have no idea why anyone would be.
51. What time is it?
52. Do any of your friends have children?
53. Do you eat healthy?
I eat healthy ... and then I eat crap!
54. What do you usually do during the day?
Work too many hours, and sweat too much of the small stuff.
55. Do you hate anyone right now?
My boss. Yep.
56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
Actually I'm more likely to say "hi."
58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
56 (noooooooooooooooooo! I just turned 55! Don't rush me!)
59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Yes, and I hate it there.
60. How did you get one of your scars?
Hernia operation when I was 18 months old.
Now ... aren't you glad we had this time together?