She wants us to delve deeeeeep into our secret dreams and do the following:
Have you heard of The Bucket List? Well, that's what I want from you! Make a list of things you want to do before you die. It must be at least five items -- and you can make it as long as you desire. Photos are optional. And let's hear about some of the wackiest, most bizarre to-do's on your Bucket List!
Ah, my bucket list.
Truthfully I don't really have one, so this challenge made me sit down and think.
Since thinking is always my best thing, it was a little difficult to narrow it down. Much of my world involves just getting through the day without tripping over my own feet or forgetting to be somewhere I promised to be.
But here is what I came up with.
1. I want to go to Tahiti. For reasons I have never understood myself, Tahiti is the first place I mention when people ask about dream vacations. It's supposed to be hot and muggy there, I hear. So I don't know what it is about it that draws me there. I just want to go.
2. I want to dance at my great-grandchildren's weddings. Hey, why not? I don't want to be gone until after my grandchildren have babies... (No, I don't have grandchildren yet.)
3. I want to sing in public. Not just karaoke sing. I want to have a one-woman concert that sells out the house. I don't need Carnegie Hall. An intimate club setting would work too. I just want the adoration of the crowd. (An ego? Why, yes. Why do you ask?)
4. After I have satisfied my burning need to go to Tahiti, I would like to travel. I want to go back to Japan, take an Alaskan cruise, tour Europe, possibly an African safari (though my brother once said he'd show me his photos and save me the time and trouble).
5. I would like to organize and properly display the photos of my family and my children. This is a problem that goes back almost 27 years with the birth of my first child (OMG, he's going to be 27 in May!!!). I am not a scrapbooker. Nor am I organized. Nor am I creative. But it makes me sad that my children's baby and childhood photos are not put together in a way that makes sense. This will never happen, by the way. I just don't have the creative gene for this kind of stuff.
Well, that's five. That's what Tiggerlane was asking for. I feel totally lame for not being able to figure this out in a more interesting manner, but ... I have a very comfortable, happy life. It hasn't always been comfortable or happy, so the fact that it is ... well, other than an iPhone, I don't want for much.
So if you're looking for me, I'll be checking out the things that other Fun Monday'ers want to do before they kick the bucket. Maybe I'll get some good ideas!