I must humbly report that the very very lovely Tink of Pickled Beef announced her annual Golden Spork Awards last week and bequeathed me with ...
*insert trumpet fanfare here*
The Savory" Spork Award -- "Best all around. I can't go a day without checking these blogs."
This is my second Spork Award. Last year I got one for being beautiful (best-looking blog), but this one? This one puts a stupid smile on my face.
Thanks, Tink. I can't go a day without checking yours either!!
The honorees are to: A) first list 10 honest things about yourself -- and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
Honest, huh? Like indepth conversations about body parts and corn aren't brutally honest?
Ok, whatever. Here we go:
1. I actually fretted about what should go in the no. 1 spot. That's just sad.
2. I have the worst eating habits on the planet. Given a choice between something healthy and something not (chocolate??? mmmmmmmmmm), I will invariably pick the unhealthy. I believe ice cream is an appropriate dinner.
3. I never, ever, ever tuck shirts into my pants. And I prefer to wear my t-shirts, etc., loose and baggy. Body-image issues much?
4. I'm messy. Somehow the neat-and-tidy gene completely passed me by. My desk is messy, my room is messy, my car is messy (I view my vehicle as an extension of my purse, if that tells you anything). But hey, at least I'm cute. That counts for something, doesn't it? Doesn't it????
5. I cried when I got the invitation to my 30th high school reunion because my life didn't turn out ANYTHING like I had thought it would. Two failed marriages, financial ruin, on my own with four kids. Then, at the end of that year, I met this guy in a bar ...
6. Making this list is harder than it looks.
7. I really am not an animal person. So can someone please explain how I end up living with two rat dogs, three turtles, a rat, a snake (!!!!!!!!!!!) and countless fish, including Jack?
8. My boss (the highest-up one, not the one who supervises me on a day-to-day basis) once told me that I was a problem employee and should "fundamentally change" my personality or look for a new job.
Turns out the problem wasn't me, but a behind-the-scenes, lying rabble-rouser. That boss has since left the building, but not the company. The mere hint of his return is enough to send me sniveling under my desk in the fetal position.
9. I'm hypersensitive and I hold grudges. So if you insult me, or otherwise bruise my feelings, I'm likely to remember it for a long time. Which is not to say that I don't get over things, but I fret about them forever (see no. 8).
10. If the mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy. This goes double in my house.
I know I'm supposed to tag people, but I don't always play by the rules. (Wait, is that No. 11?)
Anyway, if you want to bare all, then go for it.
I'm interested to see what you have to say.