I am angry.
Irrationally, totally, irrefutably angry.
For any one reason? No.
For a lot of reasons that just push my buttons and send me off the deep end?
Yeah. That's the ticket.
Most of my reasons are pretty good ones by themselves. Together, though?
Look. out. Mama's gonna blow!
Observe, in no particular order:
1) Roo-girl's cheer coaches have made some -- ahem -- interesting decisions about the competition team that, in my humble opinion, adversely affect my daughter's ability to advance her tumbling skills. They decline to listen to reason or logic.
To add insult to injury, they also decline -- for no good reason other than "that's just the way it is" -- to allow the returning girls to have their national titles embroidered on the backs of their new uniform jackets, the way they had been on the previous ones.
Not allow my baby to show off her accolades because "that's just the way it is"??? Grrrrr.
2) Wonderhubby, for all his wonder'ness, moved forward on a mortgage refinance that I was opposed to. It was a lot of effort for very little gain and resulted in us having to have our property taxes impounded monthly. Can I just say I HATE that??????
I'm working on forgiving him, but every month when I write that check for more than our previous payment, it will remind me. Grrrrr.
3) My mother. My mother is aggravating me in ways that I can barely even think about. Apparently, in the bad-daughter department, I didn't call frequently enough. As a result, when she had to have a second surgery for breast cancer two weeks after the first one, no one let me know.
And I quote: "Those who called were told." Obviously, I failed some sort of test. Grrrrrr.
4) My house is a disaster area of unfinished projects: the backyard (up-ended and unfinished for more than a year, including a concrete pad that is one-third done); a kitchen project that has gone on for several weeks that results in my refrigerator being in my dining room; hardwood floors that are finished but not "finished" (baseboards and doorways); walls that are partially painted.
Can you say ADHD? Grrrrrr.
5) Plus my fantasy football team is sucking it down the tubes.
And that probably aggravates me most of all.
Please send wine.